Why email your MP?
5 months have passed since the Government told to urgently reform our extradition laws
- Motion passed on 5th December 2011 more
- It calls on the Government to strengthen the protection of British citizens by both introducing, as a matter of urgency, a Bill to enact the safeguards recommended by the Joint Committee on Human Rights
The Government has done nothing.
Lives are being ruined
- Despite having not been to the USA since he was 5, Richard O'Dwyer is facing extradition to the US for an activity which would likely not even amount to an offence under UK law.more
- Gary McKinnon, who has Asperger's syndrome, faces up to 60 years in jail for hacking into Pentagon and Nasa computers between February 2001 and March 2002.more
- Babar Ahmad, an IT worker from Tooting in south London, has been held in jail for more than seven years while contesting extradition to the United States. more
- Julian Assange, has spent 535+ days under house arrest. He has not been charged with any crime. Even if true, the allegations against him would not be illegal in the UK. He could be imminently extradited to Sweden. more
Independence of Baker review questioned
Urge your MP to sign EDM #128
- The early day motion is detailed here
Get started by entering your details to the right.